Is this a Launchpad bug, a Thunderbird bug or both?

I file bug reports on numerous open source projects.

Any of them associated with Lanuchpad present a big problem for me (and a
waste of time for lots of people).

Unlike traditional bug reporting systems (e.g. Bugzilla) all mail from
Lanuchpad arrives in my inbox with my address in the "To:" field.

The other guys (e.g. Bugzilla) only put my address in "To:" when the
message is actually being addressed to me directly (i.e. developer
respons directly to my report or comment on the bug).

I recall reading somewhere that Lanuchpad's "solution" is to use another
unique header that we can filter on for just such occasions.

However, Mozilla Thunderbird (speaking of Bugzilla) doesn't allow you to
add custom filters (despite its indication to the contrary - which is in
itself a bug in Thunderbird).

Therefore my workaround would be to use another email client. But seeing
how nothing otherwise comes close to meeting my email needs, this is not
an option.

So...

Should I file a bug with Lanuchpad (or..speaking of Bugzilla), Mozilla or
both?

I suspect both bugs are actually out there and that the latter is more
likely to be fixed than the former.

So now that I've blathered on needlessly, are there any Thunderbird users
out there who have figured out how to get Lanuchpad mail to filter
properly in Thunderbird?

Thanks.

Scott