Re: automatically mark bugs fixed in a release as released?

On 7/21/08, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Martin Pool wrote:
>  >> It would be really nice if Launchpad had a way to mark all
>  >> fix-committed bugs targeted to a release as fix-released when that
>  >> release comes out.  Could this be added?
>  >
>  > FWIW, this is also a problem for us on the Landscape team.  We use
>  > milestones to organize our 2-week iterations, which means that we
>  > have to deal with this regularly.
>
>  I would rather merge Fix Committed and Fix Released into a single
>  status, so that you don't need to spend time on this status change at all.
>
>  The two distinct statuses were intended to help filter out long-fixed
>  bugs from searches. But that doesn't work, especially in large projects,
>  and in projects that have alpha or beta releases. I think the same
>  purpose could be more easily served by a time-based filter.
>  <http://launchpad.net/bugs/163694>

I think that is a brilliant simplification.

At present people tend to put information about when a bug was fixed
into a text comment, such as "will be fixed in 1.6b2".  This is easy
to understand, and won't lose anything from merging the statuses.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>