Re: The road to Launchpad 2.0

Matthew Revell [2008-07-24 11:41 +0100]:
>  * Death to the Actions menu: we've started the process of removing
> the catch-all Actions menu. It was bad for a couple of reasons but
> mostly because it took links away from the data they affected. We've
> now moved those links closer to the actual information they deal with.
> The other benefit this gives us is that it frees up the left-hand
> column, giving more room on the page for the stuff that really
> matters.

In the action menu, the position of a particular entry was predictable
and thus went into muscle memory. The most problematic impact of this
change for me is that many knobs are now scattered around the page, on
varying positions, so it takes me considerably longer to find
something. There was a long discussion about "add subscriber", and it
has been fixed (thanks!), but e. g. the "update description/tags" on
bug pages is still hard to find and needs scrolling on bugs with long
descriptions.

Otherwise it looks fairly lean now, I like it (except for the broken
button graphics, but I guess you'll get to that).

Thanks,

Martin