Launchpad API testing

Hi,
It has been about one week now since the API and launchpadlib where
announced. I tried to integrate the existing bits into
python-launchpad-bugs to get rid of all these screen-scrapping. with
this mail I would like to share some notes:

* The documentation and reference on [0] and [1] helped me a lot, but
unfortunately the reference documentation [1] is very outdated, can
someone please keep this up-to-date, or even better: I guess there is
a script generating this out of the WADL definition file, can you
please publish this script, so people can generate the reference
documentation locally?

* I started a wiki page [2] to compare the speed of launchpadlib and
python-launchpad-bugs. This is still work in progress and I'm not sure
if all tests are fair, but they generally reflect my personal
feelings:
   - getting informations with launchpadlib is about three times
slower than parsing +text pages with python-launchpad-bugs
   - changing data of bugreports with launchpadlib is about two times
faster than using python-launchpad-bugs

* I'm aware of the API beeing still under development, more and more
parts of launchpad are covered from one day to another. From my point
of view this are the most important parts which have not been
implemented yet (ordered by importance):
   - getting lists of bug by project/distribution/package, this lists
should be searchable and sortable
   - adding comments (messages) without attachment
   - getting/changing milestone of bug_task
   - accessing activity log via API

Overall, I think the API is a milestone in the evolution of launchpad.
I'm happy to use it, and I think the API will also help other users
with their daily work.
Thanks everybody and keep on your good work.

Markus

[0] https://help.launchpad.net/API
[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~flacoste/launchpad-api-doc.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugHelper/Dev/python-launchpad-bugs/Compare_lplib_pylpbugs