Re: Auto remote bug watch

Graham Binns wrote:
> 2008/8/11 Karoly Molnar <karoly.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a bug report and in the original description posted a link
>> to an external bug report. The system did not pick up the bug. Later I
>> added an another post with an another bug and that was picked up. Is
>> this a normal behavior?
>>
>> This is the bug report I am talking about.
>> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/trac/+bug/256042
>>

> Interesting. This occurred because only comments are parsed for remote
> bug links. The original description appears not to be. I've filed
> http://launchpad.net/bugs/257940 about this.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks for replying and filing the bug report. I guess usually what
happens is somebody reports that something is not working and somebody
later fixes or finds the bug and adds the links as comment. Then it all
works fine. In my case I only filed the bug report when I already had
the solution hence the links were already in the description. So your
comment in the bug report that the bug description needs to be parsed
the same way as the comments is the solution.

Thanks again,
Karoly