Re: Bugzilla and Trac plugins: Request for beta testers

Olá Graham e a todos.

On Friday 22 August 2008 23:03:43 Graham Binns wrote:
> Greetings, Launchpadders,
>
> The Launchpad Bugs team needs your help!
>
> We've recently developed Launchpad plugins for Trac and Bugzilla. The
> plugins allow bidirectional communication between Launchpad and the
> remote bug trackers that have them installed, and we need help testing
> them. That's where you come in.
>
> If you know of any bug tracker whose administrators may be interested in
> installing the plugin for interoperating with Launchpad - or indeed if
> you run such a bug tracker yourself - please email us at
> feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and let us know.
>
> You can find details on how to install the plugins and what you need to do
> to get Launchpad to work with your bugtracker on the Launchpad Help wiki:
>
> For Bugzilla: http://help.launchpad.net/Bugs/BugzillaPlugin
> For Trac: http://help.launchpad.net/Bugs/TracPlugin
>
> Installing one of the plugins means that:
>
>  * Launchpad will be able to forward bugs to upstream bug trackers that
>    have the plugin installed. Users of those bug trackers won't have to
>    check Launchpad for bugs registered against their project; they'll be
>    forwarded straight to the upstream tracker.
>
>  * If a bug watch is created against an upstream bug, Launchpad will
>    tell the upstream bug tracker which Launchpad bug is watching it.
>    This means that not only is there a link in Launchpad to the upstream
>    bug, but there's also a link in the upstream bug tracker to the
>    Launchpad bug.
>
>  * Launchpad will be able to import comments from upstream bugs which
>    are being watched in Launchpad. If you register a bug watch against
>    an upstream bug you'll be able to read the conversation about that
>    bug on Launchpad, including the comments that are made on the
>    upstream bug tracker.
>
>  * Launchpad will be able to push comments to upstream bugs which are
>    linked to a Launchpad bug, so if you add a comment on Launchpad in
>    reply to a comment which was imported from an upstream bug tracker,
>    the comment will automatically be added to the conversation on the
>    upstream bug tracker, too. This means that users of both Launchpad
>    and the upstream tracker can view the whole conversation about the
>    bug without leaving their preferred environments.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Graham

Is anyone working with major upstreams to test this? Maybe Jorge?
I would love to see GNOME, KDE, Mozilla (etc) implement this.

And maybe this can answer my other thread: can malone work wit this too? is there a flag/command to instruck LP/malone to submit upstream?

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net