Re: Bringing back useful Launchpad changelogs

2008/11/12 Matthew Revell <matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Your mention of trawling through the milestone pages suggests that
> this isn't working for you. Is that because you find the interface
> hard work or something else?
>
> gmb suggested in the irc conversation that we could produce both the
> big announcement and a more traditional changelog. That's certainly a
> possibility but I'd want to make sure it was going to be useful to
> quite a few people and that it would definitely do something beyond
> what's available now, before I commit to producing it each month.

I would be much more interested in us working with users to figure out
how the milestone views can be improved, than just asking Matt to go
back to producing changelogs. We now make sure that every merge has a
bug associated with it, so there's no information missing from that
view. If the layout is not what users expect, we can work on improving
it. When we improve Launchpad, all projects using it benefit, so
that's another reason to spend our time doing that, rather than
copy'n'pasting commit messages.

Tom