Re: [Launchpad-users] SQLiteman rejected for PPA

On Thursday 13 November 2008 21:01:34 (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> Olá Celso e a todos.
>
> On Thursday 13 November 2008 10:46:37 Celso Providelo wrote:
> > Uploading a *higher* version of the source, the versions are black-listed
> > in PPAs
>
> This keeps happening to (every?) new user on PPA...
> How can we improve that??

I'm inclined to include a link to here in the error message:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA#Deleting%20packages

> A warning telling the user that that version is now blacklisted?
> Check download/hit stats and allow reupload the same version if not used?

Although download stats are on the list of things for us to do, unfortunately
doing so is non-trivial.  For now, it's far easier for people to just bump the
version number on their package, and it needs to be more obvious to novice
packagers why they need to do that.

Regards.