Re: [Launchpad-users] Installing LP on Debian Lenny

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 18:23 +0200, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to setup LP as a test environment.
>
> Following the "get source" and "build and run" pages from
> https://dev.launchpad.net/ I was able to get LP running on Debian Lenny,
> except I had to backport bzr 1.17 - 1.16.1 failed for me. I used the
> launchpad-database-setup script.
>
> I copied the config/development and adapted it to my own needs and just
> had to install all the dependencies manually. Additionally I have to use
> the python-geoip package from the Ubuntu PPA repository, as it expanded
> the Python API to the geoip library.
>
> It seems I just misunderstood the content of the package launchpad-buildd,
> because I was looking for buildd program, as there was also a sbuild
> program. After asking on IRC I droped the sbuild from the package and
> after installing I saw the start of the twisted buildd-slave.tac.
>
> I'm currently looking for a way to get PPA upload working. I found the
> run_all target in the makefile and there is an sftp service, but I'm
> missing the ftp service refered to on the PPA upload help page.
> How should the PPA stuff work (extra FTP server, Zope FTP server)?

The Soyuz FTP service is 'poppy'. I spent a while just after the source
was released working out how to get bits of Soyuz up and running. That
resulted in nhttp://williamgrant.id.au/f/1/2009/soyuzness.html, which I
think is a fairly complete guide on getting PPA uploads happening.

> BTW: the buildd directory contains an apply-ogre-model script, but I
> couldn't find a real resource (http://lwn.net/Articles/317845/)
> explainning the ogre model (but I found a lot of pages about the Ogre 3D
> engine).

The ogre-model is the thing that controls which components a package
build has access to. eg. a build in multiverse can build-depend on a
package in main, restricted, universe or multiverse, while a build in
main can only build-depend on packages in main.

This will cause you problems if you try to build anything outside Debian
main, so I suggest you attempt to get Ubuntu builds working first.

--
William Grant