[Launchpad-users] launchpadlib hacker community thoughts

Hello,

launchpadlib is great, and I keep hearing about people doing cool
things with launchpadlib, but I only ever hear about these things by
accident.

I've written more than one script that uses launchpadlib, but I've
never spoken with anyone about how best to structure such an
application. When I asked on launchpad-users, no one really had any
ideas about how to unit test one.

What I want is a place where people can feel comfortable publishing
and talking about their launchpadlib scripts. I also want to start
encouraging such discussion. Here are my ideas:

  * Use this mailing list, launchpad-users, as a place to discuss
writing launchpadlib apps, scripts & toys.

  * Encourage people to use this mailing list to announce their new
launchpadlib apps, and new releases of their apps.

  * Create a project group on Launchpad called 'lp', akin to the 'tx'
project for Twisted.

  * Encourage people to add their launchpadlib projects to the 'lp'
umbrella project, and suggest that launchpadlib scripts start with
'lp' as a prefix if you can't think of anything better.

  * If you have written or are writing a launchpadlib application,
tell me now, either privately, or in passing in a public reply to this
post saying what you think of these ideas :)

FWIW, I haven't talked about any of these with any of the other
Launchpad developers. Feel free to disagree with them, regardless of
who you work for.

Thanks,
jml