Re: [Launchpad-users] launchpadlib hacker community thoughts

Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> launchpadlib is great, and I keep hearing about people doing cool
> things with launchpadlib, but I only ever hear about these things by
> accident.
>
> I've written more than one script that uses launchpadlib, but I've
> never spoken with anyone about how best to structure such an
> application. When I asked on launchpad-users, no one really had any
> ideas about how to unit test one.
>
> What I want is a place where people can feel comfortable publishing
> and talking about their launchpadlib scripts. I also want to start
> encouraging such discussion. Here are my ideas:
>
>   * Use this mailing list, launchpad-users, as a place to discuss
> writing launchpadlib apps, scripts & toys.

+1

(I agree there's no need to create a new list -- this is a use of
Launchpad, after all.)

>   * Encourage people to use this mailing list to announce their new
> launchpadlib apps, and new releases of their apps.
>
>   * Create a project group on Launchpad called 'lp', akin to the 'tx'
> project for Twisted.

Good idea.

>   * Encourage people to add their launchpadlib projects to the 'lp'
> umbrella project, and suggest that launchpadlib scripts start with
> 'lp' as a prefix if you can't think of anything better.
>
>   * If you have written or are writing a launchpadlib application,
> tell me now, either privately, or in passing in a public reply to this
> post saying what you think of these ideas :)

Also, let us know so we can add it to https://help.launchpad.net/API/Uses
(or if we can turn that page into a more automagically-maintained thing,
via the lp project group, then great).

Thanks for starting this, Jono.

-Karl