Re: [Launchpad-users] Not able to set up a Dial up Modem in Ubuntu 9.10

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 20:15 +0530, Vikas Bhasin wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> Hope in best of health, recently install ubuntu on to my machine.
> I have a dial up connection, modem is there at Slot, Drivers are not
> installed .
> Gnome network admin is also not there.
> Tell me ways to set up a connection preferably with a GUI based
> instruction.
> Where can I get Modem driver of Motorola modem SM56.
>
> Hope to hear from you.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Vikas

Dear Vikas,

Launchpad--Canonical's open-source project hosting web site.  To get
help with hardware configuration under Ubuntu, I would consult
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

Some instructions that pertain specifically to your Motorola SM56 modem:

Best wishes,

Richard
--
PGP public key at