[Launchpad-users] Exporting translations of a package in main

Hi,

Am I correct when I think that the packages in main have their own separated translation effort? Moreover, is it possible for a person not being an Ubuntu translator to export them?

Here is some more detailed information:

Onboard is an onscreen keyboard that is hosted on launchpad and that ships by default with Ubuntu. Onboard uses the facilities provided by launchpad to take advantage of the translation provided by the community:
https://translations.launchpad.net/onboard

However, as onboard also ships by default with Ubuntu, is there not a separate effort provided by the Ubuntu translators with the aim to translate the onboard package shipping with Ubuntu?

If so is there a way I can export the translations done by the Ubuntu translators for onboard, to include them for example in the next bugfix release of onboard?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers,

Francesco.