Re: [Launchpad-users] Uploading binaries with source code to Launchpad ppa

On Thursday 30 September 2010 10:23:01 Anton Gladky wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> I am working on a project https://launchpad.net/yade (open-source framework
> for discrete numerical models). And we get some problems with packaging.
>
> Sometimes we cannot build packages on Launchpad, because the build-server
> runs out of memory. We need at least 5-6GB Ram for more-less normal
> compilation.
>
> Is there is an opportunity to build binaries on our servers and upload to
> Launchpad binaries+source code?

Hi

We'll never support the uploading of binaries, sorry.  One of the guarantees
that the PPA service provides is that the binary you can see has the source
code available that was used to build it.

If we allow arbitrary binary uploads then we can't make that guarantee.

Can you fix your build to require less RAM?  That sounds pretty excessive!