Re: [Launchpad-users] An easy way to build for different series in PPA from the same sources?

(I recover this topic after 1 month off...)

Thanks for your idea Julian, but it seems I'm still doing something
wrong, but don't understand what exactly.
I'll explain my steps:

To summarize again, I just want to publish the packages for different
distributions on a PPA, from exactly the same code.

1) The package already exists in Ubuntu, latest version there is:
"mrpt (1:0.9.2-1)".

2) I start building the package for Jaunty with "debuid -S -sa". The
relevant files I generate have these names:

- mrpt_0.9.3svn2244-1~ppa1~jaunty.dsc
- mrpt_0.9.3svn2244.orig.tar.gz

And the first lines of the debian/changelog:
========================
mrpt (1:0.9.3svn2244-1~ppa1~jaunty) jaunty; urgency=low

  * New version of upstream sources.

 -- Jose Luis Blanco (University of Malaga)
<joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx>  Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:12:57 0100

mrpt (1:0.9.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
========================

3) I upload this package to the PPA and builds OK. Fine!

4) Now I prepare the package for karmic, this time with "debuild -S -sd".

These are the exact file names:
- mrpt_0.9.3svn2244-1~ppa1~karmic_source.changes
- mrpt_0.9.3svn2244.orig.tar.gz

And these the first lines in debian/changelog (appended to the
previous changelog for jaunty... is this OK?)

========================
mrpt (1:0.9.3svn2244-1~ppa1~karmic) karmic; urgency=low

<joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx>  Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:14:19 0100

mrpt (1:0.9.3svn2244-1~ppa1~jaunty) jaunty; urgency=low

  * New version of upstream sources.

 -- Jose Luis Blanco (University of Malaga)
<joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx>  Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:12:57 0100

mrpt (1:0.9.2-1) unstable; urgency=low

5) If I upload that to Launchpad, I got the package rejected with a
"mrpt_0.9.3svn2244-1~ppa1~karmic_source.changes rejected":

File mrpt_0.9.3svn2244.orig.tar.gz already exists in mrpt, but
uploaded version has different contents. See more information about
this error in https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/UploadErrors.

So, what am I doing wrong?? I'll appreciate any help!

Best,
JL