Re: [Launchpad-users] [rfc] more pad.lv urls

On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 19:10:16 Martin Pool wrote:
> On 3 December 2010 16:50, Sidnei da Silva <sidnei.da.silva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > A url for merge proposals?
>
> Good idea.  We could definitely have one for active mps on a project,
> or a person.
>
> I would really like if you could get
>
>  /mp/123123
>
> to go to the corresponding mp by its numeric id, but lp doesn't(?) let
> you go just from the id to the mp.  You need to know the full name of
> the source branch too.  We could have
>
>   /mp/~mbp/launchpad/456000-dkim-docs/123123
>
> but that's not great.

We don't at the moment, but there is no real reason not to provide a short url
redirect in Launchpad.

code.launchpad.net/+merge/1234 could be made to redirect to the right place.

We have code in LP to go from a number to a merge proposal (for email), so it
wouldn't be hard to add.

Tim