[Launchpad-users] Giving "Answers" via Email

Hi All,

I notice that when I use email to reply to a question sent by the "Answers"
facility, the question is marked "Answered"

This was unexpected to me. Since it's pretty clear that Launchpad can't
analyze my text to determine whether I'm answering or asking for more
info, I assumed it would be treated in a neutral way, leaving the question
status unchanged.

Is this a bug or by design?

Charlie