Re: Beta team: better bug subscriptions now enabled

Hi Matt,

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Matthew Revell
<matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The yellow squad are spending the next couple of weeks adding some
> additional polish to the new bug subscriptions and notifications
> system. If you’re part of the Launchpad beta testers team, though,
> you’ve got access to it right now.
>
> So, if you are a Launchpad beta tester, here’s what to look out for
> when dealing with bug subscriptions:
>
>  * You can now choose which events will trigger an email and filter
> them by types of status, importance, etc., when you subscribe to a
> series, project or distribution.
>
>  * As a result, you can have more than one bug subscription to the
> same series, project or distribution, each subscription with its own
> name.
>
>  * You can mute individual bugs.
>
>  * Bug mail that results from a named subscription has a
> “X-Launchpad-Subscription” header, and a line in the body of the
> email, quoting the name you gave the subscription.
>
>  * You can see, and edit, all the different ways in which you might
> receive email about a particular bug by clicking “Edit bug mail” on a
> bug page.
>
> I’ll announce the feature properly, with a nice fancy screencast and
> all that jazz, when we release it in full.
>
> If you’ve got any questions, ask them here. If you come across any
> bugs, please report them [1] with the “story-better-bug-notification”
> and “beta-team” tags.
>
> 1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+filebug

Thanks for sharing this, it's really exciting to see this kind of
thing finally being put in place.  I've taken a brief look and I see
the bits you describe here, but I'm wondering if there's a place I can
go to create global settings without having to find individual bugs.
For example, I get a bunch of LAZR-related bug mail which I would
prefer not to receive.  Do I have to find a LAZR-related bug and click
'Edit bug mail' or is there somewhere I can go that will show me all
my sources of mail and let me edit them in one place (a bit like how
mailing lists are managed, for example)...?

Thanks,
J.