Re: [Launchpad-dev] [Beta Testing] Asynchronous comment loading

Hello,

This seems to me a nice feature, nice work! I have however found some
problems with it and I'd like to share my thoughts with you.

1. The comments that are shown via AJAX contain a "Hide comment" button
that seems to have no visible effect.

2. The "Hide comment" button is only visible for the comments which were
loaded via AJAX, it is not possible to hide other comments (i.e. the
ones that were shown by default).

3. The pencil icon near "Hide comment" makes me think that Launchpad
will remember my choice to hide the comment, although I doubt it will
do. If I'm not the only one who has noticed this, I think that the icon
should be changed.

4. The last problem I found is that ?comments=all is not appended to the
URL. When designing web services, I always say that one URL must
correspond to one - and exactly one - view. This makes it possible to
have permalinks for every resource/set of resources. With HTML5 it is
possible to modify the URL via Javascript without reloading the page
[1], and it shouldn't be difficult to implement this.

Thanks and good day!

[1] window.history.pushState() or replaceState(), see also
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/Manipulating_the_browser_history

--
Andrea Corbellini
Ubuntu Member | http://www.ubuntu.com/