Launchpad can't find orig.tar.gz in DSC...

Hello everyone, first time on the list, I'm trying to push a PPA for the first time, and for some reason launchpad keeps rejecting my uploads, saying (I quote):

Rejected:
Unable to find shredder_0.1.2.orig.tar.gz in upload or distribution.
Files specified in DSC are broken or missing, skipping package unpack verification.

Yet the orig.tar.gz exists, I can debuild from it, there are no relevant lintian errors (something about a manpage mismatch), and the debian package installs fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Michael

PS I know you probably get this a lot, but why does launchpad reject repeat uploads (as in, upload, failed, fix launchpad-specific problem, upload again? It wastes more debian versions than anything else...

Follow ups