Re: Customizing the "Code" page of a project

On 27/03/12 16:54, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> Hi all!
>   I've a handful of project that are developed upstream, in
> code.google.com, and which I mirror to launchpad.
>
> Is it possible to customize the "Code" page of a project (the page that
> explains how to clone it and how to push your branches) to inform the
> user that the code in launchpad is just a mirror, and development should
> happen upstream?
>
> It already happened once that someone cloned the project and made a
> merge request in launchpad, and telling people who are proposing merge
> requests "sorry, do it all again in code.google.com (using a different
> DVCS)" is really the last thing I'd like to do. :-)
>
> Ciao,
>   Alberto

The page will automatically point people upstream if the trunk branch is
a Launchpad import. But since you're importing manually (due to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-git/+bug/878085?) Launchpad thinks it
hosts the code, and there's no way to convince it to say otherwise.