Re: [PPA canonical-qt5-edgers-qt5-daily] qtwebkit_5.0-1ubuntu2_source.changes rejected

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Daniel Hollocher
<danielhollocher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Zoltán Balogh <zoltan.balogh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> But following a moving git repository of the upstream is not about
>> applying patches day by day to an ancient orig.tar.gz.

Have you considered mirroring the git repos on Launchpad in bzr, and
then using those to generate daily builds automatically with bzr
builder?

> Does that matter?  It looks like LP already has an orig.tar.gz regarding the
> package you are working with.  Have you tried getting the orig.tar.gz from
> the QT5 daily ppa, and using that file with your debuild command (instead of
> where ever else you are getting the orig.tar.gz)?

If that's not an option, I'd look to see if git-buildpackage have
anything similar to 'bzr builddeb --split' which will generate an
orig.tar.gz from everything that isn't in /debian using the upstream
version from debian/changelog as its version number. This is extremely
helpful when working with upstream snapshots.

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Maintainer
<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=a.starr.b%40gmail.com>