Re: PPA upload rejected, "The source is already accepted"

You didn't say which PPA you're uploading to, but at a guess, it would appear to be this one:

https://launchpad.net/~staticfloat/+archive/julia-deps/+packages?field.status_filter=&field.name_filter=arpack

You can see in the view I have selected in that URL that the version from your error message is indeed previously used.

I would also like to call attention to another problem - you claim you've bumped the debian release, but the version string "3.1.2ubuntu2" contains no debian release at all.

One last point to consider: you should try to avoid using version strings which look like ones that could possibly be used in the Debian or Ubuntu primary archives, in order to avoid confusion. This is particularly the case for the version of arpack you currently have in the PPA, "3.1.2-3" - it's moderately likely that this exact version string could be used in Debian in the future.

As a general rule of thumb, always include a string of alphabetic characters (e.g. "ppa" or "juliadeps") in the version part, and don't introduce the string "ubuntu" unless it's already there because your PPA build is directly based on an Ubuntu package version.

Regards,
Max.