Spam from LinkedIn

I've noticed that LinkedIn spam is occasionally broadcast to users via
Launchpad's email gateways [1]. While it is mildly amusing to explore
interpretations of "Bug, I'd like to add you to my professional
network," I'd rather these not pollute my interactions with Launchpad
projects.

It evidently is possible to preemptively opt out of email
communications from LinkedIn [2]. I'd like to propose that Launchpad
administrators negotiate an opt out on behalf of all of Launchpad's
email gateways.

Is this something you'd want?

Andrew

  [1]: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alaunchpad.net+"I%27d+like+to+add+you+to+my+professional+network";