Re: problems with launchpad

On 15/11/14 10:21, Stephen H wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Currently i''m facing some problems with launch. When i try to upload a
> package i get the error:
>
> File php-phalcon_1.3.4.orig.tar.gz already exists in Phalcon PHP
> Framework Stable Release, but uploaded version has different contents
>
> Allright, no biggy. Manual says "Download prestige tarball and try
> debuild again". So, when i do this, i get the following error:
>
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
>  php-phalcon/README.MD <http://README.MD>
>
> and yes,i tried to copy the original file in. Didn't work either.
>
> I've deleted ALL the packages and it's still moaning about that the file
> already exists.. HOW? i mean it was deleted from disk 5 hours ago (in
> the PPA). I have no idea what's going on and it's kind of annoying at
> this point.

Once you've uploaded a file to a PPA, you can never upload a different
file with the same name, even if you've deleted the old one.

Before you start looking for solutions, you should work out how you got
into this situation in the first place. An orig.tar.gz should usually be
what the extension suggests: the original upstream tarball. The fact
that README.MD differs between two tarballs with the same version means
that one of those tarballs is not bit-identical to the actual upstream
1.3.4, so at least one of those tarballs' filenames is a lie.

Once you understand how you got here, you have two options: fix your
package to build with the existing tarball, or change the version of the
new tarball. As dpkg-source says, you'll need to make README.MD match
whichever tarball you use.

William.