Re: Deleted package does not disappear from PPA...

On 21/02/15 07:21, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> On 20 February 2015 at 17:33, Gianfranco Costamagna
> <costamagnagianfranco@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> you can't upload twice the same revision.
>>
>> Maybe you can append a +build1 to the revision, or change the ppa.
>>
>> Don't know...
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> G.
>
> Hey G,
>
> Thanks for the info, I did not realized that it is not possible to
> upload twice the same revision, even after deleting the packages from
> the PPA. Very weird behavior...
>
> I can not append anything to the revision, otherwise, it doesn't work,
> a problem related to the ABI version appear and the packaging process
> do not finishes.
>
> I'll delete the entire PPA, and create a new one, using the same name,
> to try again...

Deleting the PPA will work, but that's really not a good solution. You
should look at how the kernel ABI checker operates, so you can patch the
package properly.

One quick workaround is to change the version of the latest changelog
entry, rather than creating a new one. The ABI check will see the same
previous version and not fail.