Re: Error on uploading a self-signed deb package

On 30/12/15 09:41, Matthew Aguirre wrote:
> I am creating a debian package using jdeb and am trying to upload it via
> dput.
> However, I keep getting an e-mail about my upload being rejected:
>
> torgo_1.0.5_all.deb: found 4 chunks, expecting 3. ['debian-binary',
> 'control.tar.gz', 'data.tar.gz', '_gpgbuilder']
> Unhandled exception processing upload: too many values to unpack
>
> I am at a loss on how to continue from here.
> What do I need to do to get the upload accepted?

Launchpad doesn't accept binary uploads. You need to upload a source
package, and Launchpad will build the binary .debs itself. See
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/BuildingASourcePackage for details.

Additionally, that deb is weird -- there shouldn't be anything named
_gpgbuilder in the top level.

William.