Launchpad Web API - Authentication and Current State

Hi there,
I am new to this mailing list so kindly forgive me if I ask questions that may have been already resolved.Currently, I am building a Java application to interact with launchpad web api. Though , there I have seen from the documentation that there is a python library, I prefer to use Java. My challenge now is with makingauthenticated calls, my setup with OAuth has been responding with 401 despite I followed the  signing requests guide .
My questions are: is there any one with some experience I can leverage on and if the Web Api documentation is up-to-date.I will also appreciate any useful information.
Many thanks.
Kenny
|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| API/Hacking - Launchpad HelpHacking the Launchpad web service Canonical provides a Python client, launchpadlib, for reading and writing to Launchpad's web service.  |
|  |
| View on help.launchpad.net | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

|   |
| API/SigningRequests - Launchpad HelpSigning Web Service Requests The Launchpad web service hacking document describes a lot of requests you can send to launchpad.net.  |
|  |
| View on help.launchpad.net | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

 Regards,
Kennedy