Re: How to search bugs in launchpadlib?

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 04:01:41PM +0200, Tilman Baumann wrote:
> I need to write a report of all bugs facing one customer. Before I can
> educate them about the benefits of working with a open company and the
> ability of looking at the primary source (launchpad bugs) I need to
> provide spreadsheet reports.
>
> Easy I thought. First idea, use the npm lib inside google sheets custom
> functions. But the npm lib seems to only exist in theory. And npm libs
> in spreadsheets via browserify seemed like a pretty hellish idea anyway.

The best JavaScript code I know of for this is the version that I ported
out of the Launchpad code base recently and used in
https://github.com/canonical-ols/build.snapcraft.io; but we haven't yet
got round to making it a standalone npm library, and it probably has
rough edges that we didn't run into in build.snapcraft.io.

> Second idea. Use python and launchpadlib.
>
> Some top level objects have find or getBy methods. Bugs doesn't.

This is https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/434244.  It looks
quite straightforward to implement, so I'll have a go.

> How do I query launchpadlib for a list of bugs containing a certain tag?
> The equivalent non-API URL would be
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=4010

Until the bug above is fixed, you have to start from a specific bug
target or from a person known to be related to all the bugs in some way.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]