Is it possible to use git inside debian/rules?

Hello,

My goal is reducing the size as Launchpad limits the size, to optimise and
facilitate my compilation and my configurations quickly.

I know of git-buildpackage, but it does not explain well how to use git on
debian/rules.

I built a PKBGUILD for Arch Linux-derived distros, it uses git and this
configuration is too easy to build, compile, download and install, but I do
not know how to figure on debian/rules, using git. For example, See my
PKGBUILD:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.g...-plus-pack-git
<https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/plain/PKGBUILD?h=suru-plus-pack-git>

Is it possible to use git inside debian/rules? If so, how to convert
PKGBUILD into debian/rules?

Thank you for your attention, help and understanding!

Gustavo

Follow ups