Re: Requesting for more info regarding rejection.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:22:55AM +0530, Natesh Bhat wrote:
> The launchpad ppa is getting rejected because of "@" symbol  not being
> found. Please direct me to right fixes and posts related to them.

It's always helpful to include the exact text of the rejection message
you received.  I dug through our logs and found this:

  Natesh M Bhat: no @ found in email address part.

This means that somewhere you've put just your name in a place that's
supposed to have both your name and your email address, probably either
in the Maintainer field in debian/control or in the first line starting
with " -- " in debian/changelog.  See these references for what these
are supposed to look like:

  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#maintainer
  https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#debian-changelog-debian-changelog

In other words, this error is saying that instead of
"Natesh M Bhat <nateshmbhat1@xxxxxxxxx>" you've written just
"Natesh M Bhat".

For example, when I package something, the Maintainer line in my
debian/control file might look like this:

  Maintainer: Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>

... and the end of each entry in debian/changelog might look like this
(though I generally use the "dch" program in the devscripts package to
deal with that, rather than adding it manually):

   -- Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>  Mon, 05 Nov 2018 14:01:42 +0000

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]