More Realistic: Fix Commit or Fix Release

Hello,

I am working on a software analytics project whose bugs are in Launchpad. I
am dealing with the bugs connected to some specific files and I need to
extract some data from those. One of the important ones is for how long has
a person been dealing with a bug.

For finding the time to solve the bug I need to have a closing time, and
for now I have been using "Fix Release" time, from the API. Still, there is
also "Fix Committed" time which I guess represents the earlier version of
the "Fix Released"?

Which one should I use?

Thank you in advance,
Doren Calliku