Re: Need help cleaning ppa ppa:~iconnor/zoneminder-1.34

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 02:31:49PM -0400, Isaac Connor wrote:
> As per below, we had an issue publishing.  Have deleted the packages,
> but it still has the orig archive somewhere.  I'd like to clean it out
> so I can push 1.34.10 packages.

Once a file with a given name has been uploaded to a given archive,
Launchpad will never let you upload a file with the same name but
different contents.

The options are:

 1) adjust the version number so that the file name is different
    (conventional in this case would be something like
    1.34.10+repack1-[etc.]);

 2) delete and recreate the entire archive.

Unless the archive is essentially brand new, you should probably do 1).

> zoneminder (1.34.10-bionic2) bionic; urgency=medium

Incidentally, we recommend against using release names like "bionic" in
version numbers, because they aren't monotonically increasing: for
version sorting purposes, bionic < xenial.  We recommend using the
corresponding Ubuntu version numbers (16.04, 18.04, etc.) instead.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]