Re: Cleaning archive

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:26:39AM +0300, Can Mingir wrote:
> We are planning to reset version starting from 1.0.0 again, but cannot do
> because same binary is already there as archive. Can you please wipe all
> archives for ppa:nucleoid/nucleoid?

The only way to do this would be for you to delete and recreate the PPA.
We have no other "wipe" facility that would erase Launchpad's memory of
what versions have previously existed.

However, this is normally unnecessary.  If you have to do this, our
usual advice is to slightly modify the upstream part of the version for
packaging purposes (e.g. append +repack or similar) so that it doesn't
collide.  You'd be able to drop that suffix once the version stops
colliding with ones that previously existed.

Editorially, I'd also like to add that there is no shortage of version
numbers, and it's usually a good idea not to unnecessarily restart your
version numbering scheme in a way that results in a given version number
meaning two different things. :-)

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]