Re: noob question > Rejected: dpkg-source failed

On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 09:58:29AM -0400, Frederic Guilbault wrote:
> Hi, im new to launchpad (and debian packaging in general), my package have been rejected but it don't get why. Is it possible to make the output more verbose ?
>
> > Rejected:
> > dpkg-source failed for fbpanel_7.0.11.dsc [return: 2]
> > [dpkg-source output:   dpkg-source: info: extracting fbpanel in fbpanel-7.0.11
> >   dpkg-source: info: unpacking fbpanel_7.0.11.tar.xz]
[...]
> On my local machine if I do dpkg-source -x fbpanel_7.0.11.dsc && tar -xf fbpanel_7.0.11.tar.xz
>
> everything work fine.

Could you put the source package somewhere for us to inspect?

The problem is likely that Launchpad's infrastructure currently runs on
xenial, so it needs to be possible to unpack the source package using
the dpkg-dev version in xenial, which may be a bit different from that
on your local machine.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]