Re: Cadence of deletion of packages

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 08:45:10AM +0300, José Pekkarinen wrote:
> On 2021-07-10 22:52, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 07:22:32PM +0300, José Pekkarinen wrote:
> > >   How is the deletion of packages handled
> > > in lp ppas? I have a few packages that I
> > > asked to be removed, and it seems some of
> > > them got deleted, some others are still
> > > pending for a while.
> >
> > It involves a cron job that runs every six hours, so it can take up to
> > that long.
>
>   Thanks for sharing Colin, I'm afraid
> something is wrong, since in the link I
> provided it's possible to see the following:
>
>  indicator-network - 0.8.1+ubports2	(changes file)	2021-06-19	Deleted
>
>   So some packages are waiting for more
> than a week, being ignored.

"Deleted" just means that it's deleted from the published archive on
disk, as seen by apt.  Most of the associated files (except small ones
like build logs) are then garbage-collected from Launchpad after a week
or so, which has happened in this case.

"Deleted" does not mean "expunged from history".  Nothing is pending
here; the deletion is merely still recorded in the PPA's history, which
is intentional.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]