Re: PPA making a mistake, rejecting upload

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 09:28:56AM +0300, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> On 31/01/22 04:02, Andrew S. Rightenburg wrote:
> > Hey, a package upload of mine is being rejected with the error: "Unable to find mandatory field 'Changed-By' in the changes file,"
> >
> > although the Changed-By field is present and correct.
> [...]
> > I've attached the relevant changelog
>
> I don't think that the error message refers to the debian/changelog, but
> rather to the .changes file that is generated by dpkg and that you pass to
> dput.

That's correct.  I got hold of a copy of the rejected .changes file and
it's not clear to me why it's lacking a Changed-By field.

Andrew, how exactly did you build the source package that you uploaded?

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                           [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]