lazr-users team mailing list archive

How do you actually make your own lazr package?

Hello,

The other day, I tried to make a lazr package. I downloaded
lazr.yourpkg from Launchpad, branched it to my own package
(lazr.importguardian), and then tried to run 'prepare.py'.

I ran 'python bootstrap.py' and then './bin/buildout', but after
downloading lots of things, it now gives me this error message:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/357350/

https://dev.launchpad.net/HackingLazrLibraries suggests that maybe I
need to use virtualenv or a non-system Python, and that work is being
done to remove this limitation. If this is the case, then how would I
use virtualenv, and is there a bug I can follow on the work being done
to make normal Python development possible?

jml

Follow ups