libappstore-devs team mailing list archive

Re: libappstore and Ligh Software Center, little changes

Hi,

Thanks Mario for the news.

Le 07/28/2012 10:56 PM, Mario Guerriero a écrit :

> As I just proposed to Stephen some time ago, I do the same with the
> new members, also because he said to ask it to all LSC dev members. My
> idea is to put Ligh Software Center under libappstore-team group on
> Launchpad to get a better control under its code also by me who don't
> stay in Lubuntu dev team. I suggest to do it also because, according
> to Stephen, we thought that Ligh Software Center should be a demo for
> libappstore, also because it won't be a stand-alone project since
> Lubuntu team is making new Lubuntu Software Center and I am doing
> AppCenter for elementary.
That's sound ok for me. If Lubuntu switch to another Software-Center
using libappstore, that would be nice to have commit access to both to
fix more quickly bugs we can find during testing.

> I am also working on packaging libappstore. If an autotool-master will
> set up Ligh Software Center I'll do the same with it. It could be
> useful for user testing and bug reporting.
I can help with autotools. But I saw that your are using cmake for
libappstore, do you prefer it over autotools ? It's just that I can't
help with cmake :-)
Also, debian packaging for libappstore is wrong (packaging a library is
not trivial), but I can help with it too. I'll try to find some time
tomorrow to work on both.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne