libravatar-fans team mailing list archive

Re: The migration plan

On 2019-02-07 at 11:43:47, clime wrote:
> I don't have access to the existing/old server. I would appreciate if
> somebody
> else could dump the data and store them at /mnt/data/... on the new server
> where
> I just fetch them and continue from there. The same for the certs.

Can we put ofalk in charge of this part of the work? I know nothing about
the export process he's developed.

I will take care of putting the old server in maintenance mode in the
evening of the 17th, Pacific time. Would that interfere with ofalk's export
script?

> I mean TLS encryption between then new libravatar server and another SMTP
> server
> (https://blog.kruyt.org/postfix-and-tls-encryption/). At least gmail now
> shows a warning
> when a messages is sent in an unencrypted manner so I figured we might want
> this.

In general, these are the instructions I follow when I setup postfix on a
new server:

  https://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/posts/usual-server-setup/#Mail

I think it it would be good for you to get root access to the old server so
that you can look at the actual config. Ask on IRC.

Francois

--
https://fmarier.org/