libravatar-fans team mailing list archive

Re: Discussion: API keys - follow up from IRC

On 2019-03-12 at 15:23:31, Oliver Falk wrote:
> BTW. That raises the question in my mind do we know how many sites actually
> run their own Libravatar (compatible) service? I guess no!? @Francois Marier
> <francois@xxxxxxxxxxx> do you know anything?

If you mean how many sites expose their own Libravatar endpoints via DNS, I
don't know and I'm not sure how to find out since we'd basically have to
enumerate the list of all registered domains :)

The closest thing we have to that is the list of third-party software
implementations on the wiki, but that's a very poor proxy as it doesn't tell
us how many users each piece of software has.

Francois

--
https://fmarier.org/