libreoffice team mailing list archive

Re: LibreOffice 3.5.7-0ubuntu4 for Lucid

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:55:03AM -0800, Ryan Tandy wrote:
> Dear LibreOffice team,
>
> First, thanks very much for your efforts on LibreOffice and especially
> for your work backporting the stable releases.
>
> I'm wondering whether there are plans to update the 3.5.7 backports to
> 3.5.7-0ubuntu4 from precise-updates. I've checked the staging PPAs I
> know about and didn't see it.
>
> The last backported version was 3.5.7-0ubuntu1, and some bugs were fixed
> since then: for example we aren't able to use that version in production
> because of LP #1089473 and so we are still on 3.5.4.
>
> FWIW, I backported 3.5.7-0ubuntu4 to Lucid myself (by adapting the
> changes from the existing backport) and built it, and it appeared to
> work (and the above mentioned bug was fixed). However, I don't know how
> to run the actual test suite.
>
> Thanks for considering, and let me apologize in advance in case this was
> already planned and I just need to be patient.

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation when this hit my inbox and it then
fell through the cracks. If you want to update to ubuntu4 that would be great,
note Rico (in CC) usually does this, so its best to coordinate with him.

@Rico: Do you want to update to ubuntu4 in that ppa?

Best,

Bjoern