linaro-pm-wg team mailing list archive

[Blueprint cpuidle-p-state-dependency-investigation] cpuidle p-state dependency investigation

Blueprint changed by Daniel Lezcano:

Whiteboard changed:
  [amitk, 29/11/2012]: Daniel does this make sense to take on at this
  point? Or should we leave in backlog?

  [daniel-lezcano, 25/03/2013]: the exit_latency has been provided by the
  cpuidle driver author. These measurements were done but I don't know in
  which context (w/o cpufreq, ondemand/performance/userspace/etc ...). It
  is probable, we have to recheck these exit latency values depending of
  the frequency.

  [daniel-lezcano, 12/04/2013] : one solution would be to measure the exit
  latency for different states at different frequency in the kernel at
  boot time and use these measured values to fill the exit_latency. The
  cpufreq notifiers will be used in the cpuidle framework to change the
  exit_latency dynamically.
+
+ [daniel-lezcano, 17/04/2013] : the question is how do you measure the
+ exit latency ?

--
cpuidle p-state dependency investigation
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-power-kernel/+spec/cpuidle-p-state-dependency-investigation