linaro-release team mailing list archive

Re: armhf freeze exception

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Just so I'm clear, this is bootstrapping armhf for Ubuntu?

 Yes, the idea is to prepare Ubuntu for armhf and have a debootstrapable
 Ubuntu armhf archive as a base to build Ubuntu armhf.

> I think you should file this as a bug in LP with a list of the affected
> packages (I assume it's the some ones that Markos NMUed in Debian?).

 I have no idea what the list is though, I'm basically walking my way
 through packages and fixing them progressively; some are already fixed
 because the fix was merged promptly in Debian and we merged / synced
 this Debian source into Ubuntu, some might have a fix in the Debian
 package, in the Debian BTS, or still have to be fixed.

 As an example, adding support to dpkg is a trivial patch, but it would
 be painful to have to reupload dpkg with armhf changes in our PPA after
 every dpkg upload in natty (of course I could take a snapshot of Ubuntu
 and work from that).  In the same way, I think there are many trivial
 fixes in various packages.

 What I'm anticipating is perhaps some dozens of uploads with trivial or
 straightforward / non-risky changes, and perhaps a dozen of more tricky
 uploads which would require a FFE on their own.

 Does that make sense?

--
Loïc Minier