linaro-release team mailing list archive

Re: armhf freeze exception

"Loïc Minier" <loic.minier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011, Scott Kitterman wrote: > Just so I'm clear, this is bootstrapping armhf for Ubuntu? Yes, the idea is to prepare Ubuntu for armhf and have a debootstrapable Ubuntu armhf archive as a base to build Ubuntu armhf. > I think you should file this as a bug in LP with a list of the affected > packages (I assume it's the some ones that Markos NMUed in Debian?). I have no idea what the list is though, I'm basically walking my way through packages and fixing them progressively; some are already fixed because the fix was merged promptly in Debian and we merged / synced this Debian source into Ubuntu, some might have a fix in the Debian package, in the Debian BTS, or still have to be fixed. As an example, adding support to dpkg is a trivial patch, but it would be painful to have to reupload dpkg with armhf changes in our PPA after every dpkg upload in natty (of course I could take a snapshot of Ubuntu and work from that). In the same way, I think there are many trivi
 al
fixes in various packages. What I'm anticipating is perhaps some dozens of uploads with trivial or straightforward / non-risky changes, and perhaps a dozen of more tricky uploads which would require a FFE on their own. Does that make sense? -- Loïc Minier

It does make sense, but I'd expected since Markos already bootstrapped armhf on Debian and did an NMU campaign there you would have a pretty solid basis for a list from that.

Even if it's just a general bug against Ubuntu, this should still be in LP.

Scott K