linaro-release team mailing list archive

[Blueprint linaro-general-release-process-improvements-lcq4.11] Linaro release process improvements

Blueprint changed by Zach Pfeffer:

Whiteboard changed:
  Agenda:
  * current release process - what's the current process?
  * release internals - how the release works?
  * the road to continuous integration - how the CI is going to transform the release?
+
+
+ Notes from LDS
+
+ Current Release Process
+
+ Monthly
+ Last Thursday of the month
+
+ How do we decide what goes into the release?
+
+ How do we communicate which patches have landed?
+     Track which patches have actually landed in the tip?
+
+ CI works if we fix things when they break
+     Android has to rebase each day for some repos, kernel gets rebased
+
+ Need to track Linus-HEAD and Deepak-HEAD
+
+ AI: Deepak: What does Linux Linaro's kernel need to be
+ AI: Ricardo: Discuss Linus HEAD, Linus NEXT
+ AI: <platform team>: kernel flows docs
+ AI: Zach:
+ AI: Deepak: Will look at each kernel that we ship and say which patches made it in
+
+ Release Internals
+
+ Planning, Post-mortum
+    Essential and High and committed to be delivered
+
+ BPs used in status.linaro.org
+
+ Alexander
+    A few things
+       Planning takes too long
+           Expectation: Post-mortum on Friday 23:59 UTC
+               Plan is available on Monday UTC 23:59
+               You should have the backlog sorted by priority
+           Should happen on Mumble not IRC
+
+     QA Testing
+         Happens on release
+         Android has a QA engineer
+         Need to test components
+         Components needed
+         Release checkpoint shipped along with components
+
+ AI: asac: will drive test standardization across the industry.
+
+ CI
+
+ Android is here, need to get Ubuntu there
+ Disk space issues, staging PPA and
+
+ AI: Ricardo: Need disk space
+ AI: component release testing
+ AI: Paul: Fix deployment and roleout
+ AI: Paul: Need smoke tests and ability to back out
+ AI: Ricardo and Zach: File bugs

--
Linaro release process improvements
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-project-management/+spec/linaro-general-release-process-improvements-lcq4.11