linaro-release team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu LEB 12.04 RC Builds

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Paul Larson <paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Ricardo Salveti
> <ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) <tixy@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > What's the difference between these two? Is 'lt-vexpress' just the ARM
>> > LT topic branches, and 'vexpress' the linux-linaro branch, i.e. includes
>> > other LT and WG topics?
>>
>> lt-vexpress is produced from the LT kernel tree, and the 'vexpress'
>> only produced from linux-linaro. I got both because before switching
>> officially to the one from linux-linaro, we need to make sure it's
>> delivering at least the same functionalities.
>
> So do both need to be fully tested for release purposes? Or is there some
> subset of tests that can be run to make this determination?

Hard to say, because I believe only covering all the tests would be
enough for us to find if the linux-linaro tree is at least in the same
shape as the LT one.

We can simply just test the linux-linaro based one, as done by
Android, but then we'll be switching the kernel at the LEB without
having any data to compare if the results are at least expected.

Guess we need to discuss better how we'll be doing the linux-linaro
LEB transition, as this will probably happen with the other flavors
soon.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo