linuxpadawan team mailing list archive

rebuilding LinuxPadawan

As I'm sure you're aware, we have had to rebuild our site. We now have
control of the vast majority of the linuxpadawan. namespace. We have a
server up and running providing a WordPress site. One thing we don't have,
however, is a wiki, the core of our whole presence. It was decided that we
were not going to continue with MoinMoin's wiki system for a variety of
different reasons and so the plan was to switch to MediaWiki. We looked
high and low for good mechanisms to do this and there are none that are
really functional. I think frankly none of us have the time or energy to
really construct something on our own. However, we can take the content
from the wiki and manually format it into MediaWiki syntax.

The only problem is that the time required to do this is probably a little
much to ask out of any one person and we've all been very busy. Enough with
the excuses, though. We need to get the site back up. To that end, I'd like
to arrange a little IRC party to do this. I think I'll just make the raw
files available and people can grab them and post up pastebins of the new
content, which admins can download and implement. I think if a bunch of us
do it together it will be relatively easy and quick. Who's with me? What's
good times/days for everyone? Questions, comments, concerns?

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA

Follow ups