linuxpadawan team mailing list archive

wiki party

Ok, let's get this new MediaWiki set up! I got the [old MoinMoin pages][1]
up. Each top level folder is the name of the page. Inside each top level
folder, you'll find one or more of the following items:

attachments/
cache/
revisions/
current
edit-lock
edit-log

You can ignore cache, edit-lock, and edit-log. We'll lose some history, but
oh well. For now, don't worry about the attachments, either. We'll get the
graphics back up as soon as we can. Right now, it's the content the matters.

It would be ideal if we could get together and coordinate, but that may be
impossible given all our different time zones. So I created an
[etherpad][4]. Once you have decided to work on a particular file, please
change the text to bold. Assuming you have given yourself a nick on the
etherpad, we should show who's doing what. Change the text to strikethrough
when you're done.

So here's what we need to do:
 1. Enter a top level folder
 2. Look at the contents of the current file (e.g. "0000372") for the
current revision number
 3. Get the matching file from revisions
 4. Open the etherpad
 5. Change the text of the file you're working on to bold
 6. Edit the file, removing the [MoinMoin syntax][2] and replacing it with
[MediaWiki syntax][3]
 7. Send the revised file to linuxpadawan-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 8. Open the etherpad
 9. Change the text of the file you're working on to strikethrough

The admins will take care of the rest.

If there are questions, comments or concerns, come to #linuxpadawan on
Freenode or simply reply to this email. Thanks, all!

[1]: http://wiki.linuxpadawan.net/old/
[2]: https://moinmo.in/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax
[3]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting
[4]: https://etherpad.net/p/linuxpadawan-wiki_transition-coordination