lottanzb team mailing list archive

Re: Planning LottaNZB 0.6

> Severin, can you please explain what Delegates means in python?

The term 'delegate' doesn't have any meaning in the Python world in
general. The Kiwi developers use it to describe an object that is both
a view and a controller, useful for lazy developers who don't care
about a clean separation.

Regarding the event observation pattern: It's easy to do that using
PyGTK. One can connect to events (aka signals) using
my_obj.connect("my-signal-name", my_function), which returns an
integer signal ID. We already have a few convenience functions and
classes like lottanzb.util.gsignal (defining new signals) and
lottanzb.util.signalmanager (makes it easier to disconnect from a
bunch of signals).

Severin

PS: Sorry for the duplicate message in your inbox.